Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MartinW[_3_] MartinW[_3_] is offline

Default Quick way to "Shrink to Fit"

Mike,
That will just autofit the column width to the text size.
The OP wants to use Shrink to fit which shrinks the font to fit into the
cell
and leaves the column width alone.

Sorry inthe stands
but I don't know of any quicker way than what you are already doing,
Perhaps someone can provide you with a macro or some VBA that
will work universally in any worksheet you have open with just the
click of a button.

HTH
Martin

"Mike Middleton" wrote in message
inthestands -

Select the column or multiple columns, and double-click any column
separator (above row 1) except the one on the far left.

- Mike

http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"inthestands" wrote in message
I often need to shrink columns. Is there a faster way to get to "shrink
fit" rather than to go into CTRL-1, alignment, shrink to fit? I am using
2007

Thanks in advance,
inthestands