Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default need to make 4 typical entries regularly in excel

I need to make 4 typical entries in a particular column, in an excel sheet.
they a
1. Project in process
2. Project on Hold
3. Project won
4. Project Lost

Requests please tell me the simplest way to make these entries without
typing these entries again & again...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

sameer adhikari;242230 Wrote:
I need to make 4 typical entries in a particular column, in an excel
sheet.
they a
1. Project in process
2. Project on Hold
3. Project won
4. Project Lost

Requests please tell me the simplest way to make these entries without
typing these entries again & again...

If you enter the strings in rows 1 to 4 , starting in row 5 you can
right-click the cell, select " Pick from drop-down list" and select your
entry

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=67548

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You can use Data Validation. Enter the 4 values in a range and then go to
Data Validation List. In the source, give the reference of the 4 cells.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"sameer adhikari" <sameer wrote in