Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Typical Problem

i have a excel file which contains more than 20 work books and each is
interelated with each other.
recently when i am adding some comments in one of those sheets i am getting
the following message
"no more new fonts may be applied in this book"
can any one help me out.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Check out this link:

XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats

to explain what's happening and how to get round it.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 23, 10:04 am, vijaydsk1970
wrote:
i have a excel file which contains more than 20 work books and each is
interelated with each other.
recently when i am adding some comments in one of those sheets i am getting
the following message
"no more new fonts may be applied in this book"
can any one help me out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ok. Pete_UK. I gone through the article.
i checked up the file. But what ever the formats existing in my file needs
those formats,
i tried to reduce the formats but in vain. is there any way to overcome this
problem.

wrote:
i have a excel file which contains more than 20 work books and each is
interelated with each other.
recently when i am adding some comments in one of those sheets i am getting
the following message
"no more new fonts may be applied in this book"
can any one help me out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To quote from the article:

" ... To resolve this problem, simplify the formatting in the
workbook ..."

If you can't simplify the formatting, then you will be stuck with the
problem, as Excel can only handle up to 4000 different format
combinations.

Pete

wrote:
i have a excel file which contains more than 20 work books and each is
interelated with each other.
recently when i am adding some comments in one of those sheets i am getting
the following message
"no more new fonts may be applied in this book"
can any one help me out.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry, I don't have XL2007 - perhaps one of the other regulars can
come in here ...

Pete