Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need a program to make a work shift schedule that is staggerered

Hey I have 7 Service Techs I have 24 Shifts available each week right now.
Is there a program, template or spreadsheet that will do this for me
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

The tool to use for this is the Solver add-in. Microsoft has provided a
file with Office to demonstrate how this complex tool is used. Its usually
in the Samples folder of office but you can do a Windows search for
"SOLVSAMP".

Solver is an Add-in you will have to attach via Tools, Add-ins...

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"AHammer623" wrote:

Hey I have 7 Service Techs I have 24 Shifts available each week right now.
Is there a program, template or spreadsheet that will do this for me

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

AHammer623 wrote:
Hey I have 7 Service Techs I have 24 Shifts available each week right now.
Is there a program, template or spreadsheet that will do this for me

Don't know about a template, but with more information maybe someone could help.

How are your 24 shifts distributed during a week? Any "rules" that need to be
followed, like not scheduling the same tech for 4 consecutive days? Anything
you can think of could be helpful.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Glenn" wrote:

AHammer623 wrote:
Hey I have 7 Service Techs I have 24 Shifts available each week right now.
Is there a program, template or spreadsheet that will do this for me

Don't know about a template, but with more information maybe someone could help.

How are your 24 shifts distributed during a week? Any "rules" that need to be
followed, like not scheduling the same tech for 4 consecutive days? Anything
you can think of could be helpful.

I was also looking for something similar. I work a 10-day shift pattern. I
work an early shift on days 1&2, then an afternoon shift on 3&4, then night
shift on 5&6 - followed by days off. Then it goes back to early shifts on
day 11. Is there software, that can tell me when my days on, and days off
are, for as long as I wish to know for?