Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Shift Schedule Spreadsheet

I am putting a shift schedule spreadsheet together for my wife's business and
need some help. I have two tables; the first one contains the weekday and
employee names on the left column and hours across the top header row as
follows:

6:00 AM 7:00 AM 8:00 AM etc...
Monday John D
" Jane D

The resulting data is a color bar showing the shift that employee is working.

The second table contains the employee names on the left column and the
workdays across the top header row with a "From" and "To" column for each
day. I am not sure whether to use the first or second table as the manual
input and have the other table automatically populated.

I have looked up several forums and Excel website and they provide great
information but nothing specific to my situation.

I hope I have not confused anyone. I would be more than happy to send my
Excel file to anyone that would like to see it. Thank you in advance.