Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Problem with date - can't enter 15th!

I have excel 2003
I have a spreadsheet and on one worksheet I enter the date that documents
are turned in.
the cells are formatted to date and to show up like 1/10
Problem: I can't eneter 1/15! I can enter 1/14 and I can enter 1/16 but if I
enter 1/15, it changes to 1/16 as soon as I either hit enter or click into
another cell.
what's up with this??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

What is the format that you are actually applying to the cell. In other
words when you are on a formatted cell and choose Format, Cell, Custom what
is the code in the Type box?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Meenie" wrote:

I have excel 2003
I have a spreadsheet and on one worksheet I enter the date that documents
are turned in.
the cells are formatted to date and to show up like 1/10
Problem: I can't eneter 1/15! I can enter 1/14 and I can enter 1/16 but if I
enter 1/15, it changes to 1/16 as soon as I either hit enter or click into
another cell.
what's up with this??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Either preformat the cell as Text, then do the data entry.

Or

Start your entry with an apostrophe:
'1/15

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Tools|Autocorrect options

enter 1/15 on the left hand side and if you see 1/16 in the replace with box
the delete the entry.

Mike

Meenie wrote:

I have excel 2003
I have a spreadsheet and on one worksheet I enter the date that documents
are turned in.
the cells are formatted to date and to show up like 1/10
Problem: I can't eneter 1/15! I can enter 1/14 and I can enter 1/16 but if I
enter 1/15, it changes to 1/16 as soon as I either hit enter or click into
another cell.
what's up with this??

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think it's the autocorrect, too.

But I misread your message. I thought you wanted to enter 1/15th, not a real
date. Don't use the text or apostrophe stuff.