Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Date if before or after 15th of month

Hello-

My due date should be the 1st of the month if the start date is after the
15th or the 1st of the previous month if the start date is before the 15th,
but only if there is an amt in B7 otherwise blank.

B2=Start Date
B7=Amt
C7=Due Date
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You did not indicate which way to go if the start date is the 15th. This
formula placed in cell C7 assumes that is the start date is the 15 it will be
due the following month:
=IF(ISBLANK(B7),"",IF(DAY(B2)<15,DATE(YEAR(B2),MON TH(B2),1),DATE(YEAR(B2),MONTH(B2)+1,1)))

Pay them bills!

"wf315" wrote:

Hello-

My due date should be the 1st of the month if the start date is after the
15th or the 1st of the previous month if the start date is before the 15th,
but only if there is an amt in B7 otherwise blank.

B2=Start Date
B7=Amt
C7=Due Date

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=IF(B7="","",EOMONTH(B2,(DAY(B2)15)-1)+1)

It required ATP add-ins