Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple Criteria across multiple Columns

Good Evening

I have a spreadsheet like:

A B C D E
Name Skill 1 Skill 2 Date 1 Date 2
Bob Mechanic POL 11JAN06 04MAY09
Tim Mechanic HAZMAT 04JUN08
Ed Manager Safety 10AUG10
Jim Manager 10APR07

I wrote a Sumproduct formula to track the number of people who are qualified
in their skills (Skill 1 qual date is associated to Date 1 and Skill 2 is
associated to Date 2). It looks something like
=Sumproduct(--(B2:B5<""),--(D2:D5<F1),--(D2:D5<""). NOTE: F5 is a date for
forcasting

This worked great to determine the number of people who were Skill 1 or
Still 2 qualified.

I now need to figure out who is fully qualified. Who has dates for Skill 1
and Skill 2 which are < F5.

Any idea how I can tie the rows into the Sumproduct formula to add that
extra dimension?

In the above example, only Jim is qualified. (Answer is 1)
Bob is not qualified for POL yet. He has a future date
Tim is not HAZMAT qualified
Ed is not a qualified manager and hasn't gone to Safety yet.

I sure hope this makes sense to someone else besides me. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I replied to one of the other many multiple threads (MS forum problem!)

--
HTH

Bob