Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Nesting COUNTIF for multiple criteria in multiple columns

I have data in a workbook. Each row has an admin, the admin date, and a PO.
I would like to create another worksheet that counts the number of PO per
admin and sort according to Admin, PO and Month. The PO's are classified
according to whether the row starts with a number or text. If it is a number
it is classified as "Commercial" if it starts with text it is classified as
"Residential".

Below is a sample of the data:

Admin Admin Date PO
Michele Jenkins 10/01/07 N/A
Henry Jones 10/01/07 1650
Michele Jenkins 10/01/07 1582
Henry Jones 9/21/07 8925
Kim Hu 10/11/07 6329
Kim Hu 09/01/07 1947-8615
Dennis Lowry 9/01/07 1767-8616
Dennis Lowry 10/01/07 na

and the results I'm trying to automatically calculate:
Sept.-C Sept.-R Oct.-C Oct.-R

Michele Jenkins 0 0 1 1
Henry Jones 1 1
Kim Hu 1 1
Dennis Lowry 1 1

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Add a column to calculate R and C, and you can pivot it, gruping by months.

The formula would be

=IF(ISNUMBER(--LEFT(C2,1)),"R","C")

--
---