Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctions

Default Spreadsheet Corruption?

At work, I have a spreadsheet with multiple tabs that I belive was written
with Excel 95 or 97. Recently we upgraded to Excel 2007 and are running in
compatibility mode. When I enter data on tab 1, it appears also in tab 2 in
the same relative cell although there is no formula in that cell. If I
delete the date in tab 2, the original data is also deleted in tab 1. No
matter what I do with the worksheet as far as saving in a different format,
or renaming it the same thing happens.

Is there some advanced setting to correct this or should I consider
rewriting this file?

tia
dennisd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctions

Thanks for the tip; I tried this and it fixed things right up. Don't know
what caused it or why, but I'm glad I didn't have to re-write it.

Thanks again,
dennisd

wrote:

At work, I have a spreadsheet with multiple tabs that I belive was
written
with Excel 95 or 97. Recently we upgraded to Excel 2007 and are running
in
compatibility mode. When I enter data on tab 1, it appears also in tab 2
in
the same relative cell although there is no formula in that cell. If I
delete the date in tab 2, the original data is also deleted in tab 1. No
matter what I do with the worksheet as far as saving in a different
format,
or renaming it the same thing happens.

Is there some advanced setting to correct this or should I consider
rewriting this file?

tia
dennisd

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctions

Most likely, you, or someone before you, Shift-clicked when selecting a
sheet tab, and all sheets from the current sheet to the selected sheet,
and all in between were selected.

You didn't notice the "[Group]" in the title bar.

In article , "dennis"
wrote:

Thanks for the tip; I tried this and it fixed things right up. Don't know
what caused it or why, but I'm glad I didn't have to re-write it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctions

Actually, I didn't notice "group" I have the original file at work and will
check that when I return to work. As far as the grouping of the tabs, I
don't recall doing that, although I suppose that is possible. This is a file
I use once a year and the only change is the upgrade to Office 2007 so I
attributed the problem to incompatibility.

Thanks for the assistance once again.

dennis