Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default #NAME?

I'm getting the "#NAME" error in most cells when opening a spreadsheet is
Excel 2003. I had the problem in 2000 but it was solved by using the
analysis toolpak add-in (to allow me to use the modulus function). The
spreadsheet was originally created in Excel 2007 but saved in as 97-2003
Workbook. It is working fine on Excel 2000, 2002, and 2007 but not in 2003.

Please can some shed some light into the problem as soon as possible, it is
being used at a conference tomorrow!

Thank you in advance.

Richard.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You will need to install the ATP add-in for XL2003 again. Note,
though, that if you have used functions that are new to XL2007, like
SUMIFS, COUNTIFS, IFERROR etc, then these did not exist in earlier
versions and you will still get those errors.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 4, 1:38*pm, VoxBox-Richard
wrote:
I'm getting the "#NAME" error in most cells when opening a spreadsheet is
Excel 2003. *I had the problem in 2000 but it was solved by using the
analysis toolpak add-in (to allow me to use the modulus function). *The
spreadsheet was originally created in Excel 2007 but saved in as 97-2003
Workbook. *It is working fine on Excel 2000, 2002, and 2007 but not in 2003.

Please can some shed some light into the problem as soon as possible, it is
being used at a conference tomorrow!

Thank you in advance.

Richard.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One other thing, the simulation was written in english but is being run on
different language versions of Excel.

I'm not in front of XL2003 at the moment, is ATP add-in just a standard
add-in for XL2003?

Thank you again,

Richard

wrote:
I'm getting the "#NAME" error in most cells when opening a spreadsheet is
Excel 2003. I had the problem in 2000 but it was solved by using the
analysis toolpak add-in (to allow me to use the modulus function). The
spreadsheet was originally created in Excel 2007 but saved in as 97-2003
Workbook. It is working fine on Excel 2000, 2002, and 2007 but not in 2003.

Please can some shed some light into the problem as soon as possible, it is
being used at a conference tomorrow!

Thank you in advance.

Richard.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On a typical installation of Office the ATP would be installed.

Perhaps a custom installation and ATP was not installed?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 06:09:02 -0800, VoxBox-Richard
wrote:

I'm not in front of XL2003 at the moment, is ATP add-in just a standard
add-in for XL2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I've been able to look at several versions of Excel 2003 now and some seem to
work and some don't.

I've read on the internet that the tool-pak is language specific - is that
true? It is running fine on two laptops that are Spanish, but not on an
Italian one (im not sure the language of the other problem laptop). I have
personally insured that ATP is installed correctly on all the laptops so
isnt a problem. I forced all the cells to update also after reinstalling
the ATP.

To clarify: A spreadsheet was created on (an English version) of XL2007 and
then down saved to XL97-2003. It works fine on all English versions of XL
but not some foreign version. All laptops have ATP running (for the IMABS
function). But SOME foreign laptops (which happen to run XL2003) have the
"#NAME?" error.

Do you think the problem would be eliminated by all users using XL2007 (even
if they are using non-English versions). Could the problem not be a language
problem at all and be to do with service packs or something?

This is really puzzling me.

Thank you,

Richard.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Any more thoughts? Although my inital deadline has passed I still want to
get this problem solved.

Thank you.

Richard.

---

"VoxBox-Richard" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Has any one else got any thoughts? Although the inital deadline has passed I
would still like to solve the problem.

Kind regards,

Richard