Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
VoxBox-Richard VoxBox-Richard is offline

Default #NAME?

I've been able to look at several versions of Excel 2003 now and some seem to
work and some don't.

I've read on the internet that the tool-pak is language specific - is that
true? It is running fine on two laptops that are Spanish, but not on an
Italian one (im not sure the language of the other problem laptop). I have
personally insured that ATP is installed correctly on all the laptops so
isnt a problem. I forced all the cells to update also after reinstalling
the ATP.

To clarify: A spreadsheet was created on (an English version) of XL2007 and
then down saved to XL97-2003. It works fine on all English versions of XL
but not some foreign version. All laptops have ATP running (for the IMABS
function). But SOME foreign laptops (which happen to run XL2003) have the
"#NAME?" error.

Do you think the problem would be eliminated by all users using XL2007 (even
if they are using non-English versions). Could the problem not be a language
problem at all and be to do with service packs or something?

This is really puzzling me.

Thank you,

Richard.