Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Average Over Multiple Sheet Tabs with Multiple Values

Is there a limit to how many values you can average in a cell? Because I
don't understand what is happening. I'm trying to average about 70 different
values in 31 sheet tabs. What I do is click in the cell I want to place the
average. Then I choose the AVG function. I then click on each sheet tab and
choose the cell with the value I want to include in the average. I place a
comma between each value and then click the next one and so on. I keep
getting the infamous message that there is an error in my formula. Then I
chose a lot less values to average, using my same method, and it works fine.
HELP! This is driving me crazy. I don't want to calculate all these manually.
ANY help would be greatly appreciated, Karen