Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Creating calendar that autopopulates dates based on event date ent

I'm trying to create a marketing calendar that populates all dates based on
the event date. For instance, if I insert a conference that occurs on May 1,
I would like to automatically calculate promotions for that date.

So 9 months prior to the conference, a planning meeting date would appear on
the calendar. 6 months prior another planning meeting would appear, 2 months
prior a mailer date would appear, 6 weeks prior a postcard mail date, etc.

Does that make sense? Every conference has the same schedule. I'm trying to
avoid retyping everything for all 20 conferences I promote. I've been
researching and can't seem to find a way. Any help would be greatly
appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perhaps you can have an Events sheet where you just record a block of
activities for each conference (about 5 or 6 rows), and then on
another sheet you could display the calendar, perhaps with a month to
view with a drop-down that enables you to choose the month and year.

In the Events sheet, once you have entered the conference date, it is
a simple formula to derive other dates which are 9, 6, or 2 months
earlier.

I have a template that could easily be amended to do this for you -
let me know if you want a copy.

Hope this helps.

Pete