Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ann ann is offline

Default Determine next Saturday in calendar based on date in a cell

I need to determine the following Saturday based on a given date in a cell.
For example, in one cell I have a date of 10/8/2006 - I need a function to
return the date of 10/14/2006.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Please don't post the same question to different workgroups in separate posts.
Your question has been answered in another newsgroup.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Ann" wrote in message ...
|I need to determine the following Saturday based on a given date in a cell.
| For example, in one cell I have a date of 10/8/2006 - I need a function to
| return the date of 10/14/2006.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Ann, Niek answered your question in worksheet functions, no need to post to
more than one group, if this will not work post back to the same post as you
started, easier to keep track of that way

From worksheet functions newsgroup
=A1+IF(WEEKDAY(A1)=7,14,7)-WEEKDAY(A1)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Ann" wrote in message
I need to determine the following Saturday based on a given date in a cell.
For example, in one cell I have a date of 10/8/2006 - I need a function to
return the date of 10/14/2006.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ann ann is offline

It wasn't intentional - I only posted once so not sure how it got here. I
apologize profusely.

"Ann" wrote in message ...
|I need to determine the following Saturday based on a given date in a cell.
| For example, in one cell I have a date of 10/8/2006 - I need a function to
| return the date of 10/14/2006.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

No problem, Ann. We just keep saying it, nothing personal.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel