Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2007

How do I unlock the data and insert toolbars?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It is unlocked by default.

It is usually not available when you are in editing mode or workbook/cells
are protected.

Try to open a new workbook and see whether you can access them. If yes, then
you might try to find out why it happening with one of your workbooks.

If it does not contain any confidential information then you can mail it to
me or post it on the web at a site like wikisend and paste the link here.

How do I unlock the data and insert toolbars?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just click the tab. Tabs are not locked, in fact I don't know if you can
lock them.

Second point, these are not toolbars, they are tab which when you click them
change the appearance of the ribbon below them (they display the Data or
Insert portion of the Ribbon).

The only toolbar in 2007 is the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) which is above or
below the ribbon.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire