Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 Query Wizard problem with Access 2007 extensions

Hello,

I am having a problem with Excel 2007 Query wizard when trying to create a
query from an Access 2007 database. I am in an online class for Excel/Access
2007 and the directions I am to follow are step by step in the textbook. The
thing is that when I try to choose the Access 2007 database which to base my
query on, it does not come up on the list to choose because the list only
displays the old Access extension .mdb and not the new .accdb .

Here are the steps I am taking:

Click - Data: Get External Data: From Other Sources
Click - From Microsoft Query
Click - MS Access Database*
Click - OK
Then in the Select Database box I can navigate to the folder that my
database is but the only extensions that the List Files of Type dropdown
displays is Access Datatbases (*.mdb) and All Files (*.*).
I can choose all files but when I choose my Access 2007 database it errors
as not recognizable data source.

I suspect it has to do with the ODBC driver but I cannot figure out how to
update it. FYI - when I use the Data:Get External Data: From Access tool, I
am able to select an Access 2007 database.

Please help if you can, I do not know if this is a flaw in Access 2007 or
just my copy of it. I have updated my software with the latest from
Microsoft Update. It would help me even if someone replies that this Wizard
works correctly on someone elses computer, that way I would know if it was
just my machine that was having the problem.

Thanks,

Scott