Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default correlation between two data sets

The answers I've found in similar posts haven't worked for mine.

Basically I have historical prices of coal and electricity and want to
determine how they correlate to each other, comparing the two
different prices on the same date.

In col C is the difference in price between days 1 and 2 for coal. In
col G is the difference in price between days 1 and 2 for
electricity.

So for each date, I want to find how the values in Col C and Col G
Correlate to each other.

Thank you !
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

One way would be to graph the two series against the dates.

The CORREL function which calculates the correlation between two sets of
data is another option but you wouldn't use it against 2 data points.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire