Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Referencing data next to a date

I have a cell with today's date, and I have a seperate row of dates. Can i
create a formulat that takes today's date, finds the date from the list of
dates, then populates the data next to the date in the rows?

Any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Carina
Formula can't push information to other cell, it can only pull information.
the result is were you put the formula.
A macro could do it.
HTH
John
"Carina" wrote in message
I have a cell with today's date, and I have a seperate row of dates. Can i
create a formulat that takes today's date, finds the date from the list of
dates, then populates the data next to the date in the rows?

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you, but I am still not able to get a formula to work. I will try
explaining abain using cell references.

I have dates from 1/1/09 - 12/31/09 in C17:C332. In D17:D332 there is a
number that corresponds to each date. In A1 I have today's date (today()).
In A2 I want the formula to look at today's date (A1), find that date in
C17:C332 and give me the number next that corresponds to that date (D)

"Glenn" wrote:

Carina wrote:
I have a cell with today's date, and I have a seperate row of dates. Can i
create a formulat that takes today's date, finds the date from the list of
dates, then populates the data next to the date in the rows?

Any help would be appreciated.

See if this helps:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It would be helpful for you to post what you tried. The examples at the link
provided are pretty easy to follow.

From your description, I think you are looking for:

=VLOOKUP(A1,C17:D332,2,FALSE)

Carina wrote:
Thank you, but I am still not able to get a formula to work. I will try
explaining abain using cell references.

I have dates from 1/1/09 - 12/31/09 in C17:C332. In D17:D332 there is a
number that corresponds to each date. In A1 I have today's date (today()).
In A2 I want the formula to look at today's date (A1), find that date in
C17:C332 and give me the number next that corresponds to that date (D)

"Glenn" wrote:

See if this helps:

Carina wrote:
I have a cell with today's date, and I have a seperate row of dates. Can i
create a formulat that takes today's date, finds the date from the list of
dates, then populates the data next to the date in the rows?

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try

=LOOKUP(A1,C17:D332)

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Glenn" wrote:

Carina wrote:
I have a cell with today's date, and I have a seperate row of dates. Can i
create a formulat that takes today's date, finds the date from the list of
dates, then populates the data next to the date in the rows?

Any help would be appreciated.

See if this helps:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you Glenn, That worked perfectly.

"Glenn" wrote:

It would be helpful for you to post what you tried. The examples at the link
provided are pretty easy to follow.

From your description, I think you are looking for:

=VLOOKUP(A1,C17:D332,2,FALSE)

Carina wrote:
Thank you, but I am still not able to get a formula to work. I will try
explaining abain using cell references.

I have dates from 1/1/09 - 12/31/09 in C17:C332. In D17:D332 there is a
number that corresponds to each date. In A1 I have today's date (today()).
In A2 I want the formula to look at today's date (A1), find that date in
C17:C332 and give me the number next that corresponds to that date (D)

"Glenn" wrote:

See if this helps: