Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hakojin

Default Pulling date from 1 ws to another while referencing 2 fields

I have two worksheets with identical column headings. Column J in sheet 1 is
blank, Column J in sheet 2 has a date. I need the formula to pull the date
from sheet 2 when B and G have the same data on both sheets.

Column B Column G Column J
Client ID Customer Branch Date
2435 Eagle Rock
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Hi
Try
=IF(AND(Sheet1!B2=Sheet2!B2,Sheet1!G2=Sheet2!G2),S heet1!J2,"")

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Hakojin" wrote in message
I have two worksheets with identical column headings. Column J in sheet
1 is
blank, Column J in sheet 2 has a date. I need the formula to pull the
date
from sheet 2 when B and G have the same data on both sheets.

Column B Column G Column J
Client ID Customer Branch Date
2435 Eagle Rock

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hakojin

How can I make this so that it scans all rows on one worksheet for a match on
the other work sheet? I need it to work similar to a vlookup, but using the
combination of 2 criteria instead of 1.

This did work, but it's row specific. Thanks for your help

"Hakojin" wrote in message
I have two worksheets with identical column headings. Column J in sheet
1 is
blank, Column J in sheet 2 has a date. I need the formula to pull the
date
from sheet 2 when B and G have the same data on both sheets.

Column B Column G Column J
Client ID Customer Branch Date
2435 Eagle Rock

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier

Hi
The formula is relative not absolute, so as you copy it down the sheet
it will adjust for each successive row you wish to consider.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Hakojin" wrote in message
I have two worksheets with identical column headings. Column J in
sheet
1 is
blank, Column J in sheet 2 has a date. I need the formula to pull
the
date
from sheet 2 when B and G have the same data on both sheets.

Column B Column G Column J
Client ID Customer Branch Date
2435 Eagle Rock

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hakojin

Thanks again for your help, I ended up just combining the data from both
columns and doing a vlookup with the new column with the combined date. It
gave me what I needed.