Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel- Conditional Formatting

I need help setting up a conditional formatting formula. In one
workbook I have 2 sheets. Sheet 1 has a list of names with addresses-
(street, city, state, and zip- are all in different columns, but in
the same row); in Sheet 2 I have a list of names but the addresses are
not populated.
I am trying to creat a formula which says: "If the name in sheet 1
matches the name in sheet 2, then take the street address from sheet 1
and post it in sheet 2, take the city from sheet 1 and post it in
sheet 2, etc.."
Anyone have any Ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

HI
You could use Vlookup function or something like this;
=IF(Sheet1!A5=Sheet2!A5,Sheet1!B5,"") and change B5 For C5 I Assume.
HTH
John
wrote in message
I need help setting up a conditional formatting formula. In one
workbook I have 2 sheets. Sheet 1 has a list of names with addresses-
(street, city, state, and zip- are all in different columns, but in
the same row); in Sheet 2 I have a list of names but the addresses are
not populated.
I am trying to creat a formula which says: "If the name in sheet 1
matches the name in sheet 2, then take the street address from sheet 1
and post it in sheet 2, take the city from sheet 1 and post it in
sheet 2, etc.."
Anyone have any Ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jan 30, 12:08*pm, wrote:
I need help setting up a conditional formatting formula. *In one
workbook I have 2 sheets. *Sheet 1 has a list of names with addresses-
(street, city, state, and zip- are all in different columns, but in
the same row); in Sheet 2 I have a list of names but the addresses are
not populated.
I am trying to creat a formula which says: "If the name in sheet 1
matches the name in sheet 2, then take the street address from sheet 1
and post it in sheet 2, take the city from sheet 1 and post it in
sheet 2, etc.."
Anyone have any Ideas?

Great- Got it. Thanks