Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel worksheet first column - the row indicator column

On one of the machines in our building, when opening a specific excel
worksheet, the first column which is the row indicator column (not column A)
does not appear. It looks like the enitre worksheet has shifted to the left.
We tried view, full screen and the row indicator column shows. However,
when we restore the view to normal, the row indicator disappears again to the
left. We also tried pulling the entire worksheet to the right but cannot.

Thanks in advance for any help. This is very frustrating.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Try Tools Options ViewTab make sure there is a check in the box for
"Row and column headers"

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"sfurney" wrote:

On one of the machines in our building, when opening a specific excel
worksheet, the first column which is the row indicator column (not column A)
does not appear. It looks like the enitre worksheet has shifted to the left.
We tried view, full screen and the row indicator column shows. However,
when we restore the view to normal, the row indicator disappears again to the
left. We also tried pulling the entire worksheet to the right but cannot.

Thanks in advance for any help. This is very frustrating.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you - yes that is already checked - the column indicators display but
the row indicators do not as it appears as though the entire left side of the
worksheet has disappeared.

"sfurney" wrote:

On one of the machines in our building, when opening a specific excel
worksheet, the first column which is the row indicator column (not column A)
does not appear. It looks like the enitre worksheet has shifted to the left.
We tried view, full screen and the row indicator column shows. However,
when we restore the view to normal, the row indicator disappears again to the
left. We also tried pulling the entire worksheet to the right but cannot.

Thanks in advance for any help. This is very frustrating.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

Maybe just click in the Blue title bar of the window and drag the window to
the right a bit.....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"sfurney" wrote:

On one of the machines in our building, when opening a specific excel
worksheet, the first column which is the row indicator column (not column A)
does not appear. It looks like the enitre worksheet has shifted to the left.
We tried view, full screen and the row indicator column shows. However,
when we restore the view to normal, the row indicator disappears again to the
left. We also tried pulling the entire worksheet to the right but cannot.

Thanks in advance for any help. This is very frustrating.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

If you would like to send the file, I'll take a look at it this
evening...(UNLESS it's XL2007, I don't do that)

croberts at tampabay dot rr dot com

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"sfurney" wrote:

On one of the machines in our building, when opening a specific excel
worksheet, the first column which is the row indicator column (not column A)
does not appear. It looks like the enitre worksheet has shifted to the left.
We tried view, full screen and the row indicator column shows. However,
when we restore the view to normal, the row indicator disappears again to the
left. We also tried pulling the entire worksheet to the right but cannot.

Thanks in advance for any help. This is very frustrating.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the offer - it is 2007 but the other oddity here is that the file
is saved on a server and it opens fine for others so we are thinking it must
be something in the excel on her computer. We will keep working on it.

"sfurney" wrote:

On one of the machines in our building, when opening a specific excel
worksheet, the first column which is the row indicator column (not column A)
does not appear. It looks like the enitre worksheet has shifted to the left.
We tried view, full screen and the row indicator column shows. However,
when we restore the view to normal, the row indicator disappears again to the
left. We also tried pulling the entire worksheet to the right but cannot.

Thanks in advance for any help. This is very frustrating.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try one the options under Windows/ Arrange.
When you've got the view in a way that suits your preferences, save the
file.
--
David Biddulph