Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF Question

I have two colums of numbers and and how do I create a function that will
tell me if the one cloum is one less than the other.

Ex: Par Refill Point
2 1 One Under
5 3 Not One Under

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=IF(A2=B2,"",IF(A2-B2=1,"One Under",IF(A2B2,"Not One Under","")))

This covers other eventualities that you did not specify, and will
return a blank cell in these cases.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 28, 3:46*pm, Anthony wrote:
I have two colums of numbers and and how do I create a function that will
tell me if the one cloum is one less than the other. *

Ex: Par * * * * * *Refill Point
* * * * 2 * * * * * * 1 * * * * * * * *One Under
* * * * 5 * * * * * * 3 * * * * * * * * Not One Under

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try

=IF(A1-B1=1,"one under","not one under")

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
Excel Product Group, 1998 - 2009
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 07:46:09 -0800, Anthony
wrote:

I have two colums of numbers and and how do I create a function that will
tell me if the one cloum is one less than the other.

Ex: Par Refill Point
2 1 One Under
5 3 Not One Under

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

=ABS(B1-A1)&IF(B1<A1," Under"," Over")

but more likely:

=IF(B1<A1,A1-B1&" Under",IF(B1A1,B1-A1&" Over",""))&" Par"

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Anthony" wrote:

I have two colums of numbers and and how do I create a function that will
tell me if the one cloum is one less than the other.

Ex: Par Refill Point
2 1 One Under
5 3 Not One Under

Thanks

where can I see my question and answer? Yesterday I ask a question IP Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 May 10th 08 04:08 PM
Question odditie New Users to Excel 6 August 4th 06 06:55 AM
Newbie Question - Subtraction Formula Question [email protected] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 May 5th 06 05:50 PM
The question is an excel question that I need to figure out howto do in excel. Terry Excel Worksheet Functions 3 January 23rd 06 06:22 PM
IF with OR Question carl Excel Worksheet Functions 3 October 28th 05 04:10 PM