Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Question

Hey,

I have a pretty complicated question, it's probably easy for well
versed users, but I'm not sure what the cleanest way to do this is.

Here's what I'm doing. I'm taking a column of numbers, then in the
column next to it I want to do the following.

=(B2/(AVERAGE(B2:B29))*75)

I've figured it out to that point, but rather than adjusting each of
the other cells when I use the format painter to find this value in the
column, I'd like to just be able to format them all the same and have
them all find their value.

I hope this explains what I'm trying to do well enough, I couldn't
really put it into words.

Thank you

--
odditie
odditie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18151

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Try:

=B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75

and drag down to Row 29

Regards

Trevor

"odditie" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

AH yes, I've done that before, I forgot all about that!

Thank you very much

--
odditie
odditie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18151
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=567743

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Another question with the same formula.

How do I set it to have minimum and maximum values?

I want the resulting value to be between 60 and 90

--
odditie
odditie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18151
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=567743

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Not quite an average then ;-)

=IF(B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75<60,60,IF(B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*7590,90,B2/AVERAGE(B$2:B$29)*75))

Regards

Trevor

"odditie" wrote in
message ...