Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default To use function OFFSET among files.

I am using the function DESLOC in a file to look for the values in another
file. But when I close the two files and later I open only the file where
this the function DESLOC, appears me the mistake #VALUE. Para that the values
come correctly, I have to open the two together files. Does anybody know how
I can solve this problem of link? Because the file should be opened daily,
but without opening the origin of the data.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Create an additional sheet(s), where you collect all linked data from other
workbook [=IF(MyLink="","",MyLink)], and hide sheet(s). Now you can refer to
this/those hidden sheet(s) in your formulas, and simple link formulas work
without any problem with closed sources.

Arvi Laanemets

"Daniel Utsch" wrote in message
I am using the function DESLOC in a file to look for the values in another
file. But when I close the two files and later I open only the file where
this the function DESLOC, appears me the mistake #VALUE. Para that the
values
come correctly, I have to open the two together files. Does anybody know
how
I can solve this problem of link? Because the file should be opened daily,
but without opening the origin of the data.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello

I can't create an additional sheet, because the spreadsheet is protected,
and the spreadsheet is very big to do a new base of data. I can only alter
some cells, and in them that I am using the function OFFSET, that this with
problems, I need a way of doing the function OFFSET to look for directly in
the other file, without a new base.

Thanks for your help

"Arvi Laanemets" escreveu:

Hi

Create an additional sheet(s), where you collect all linked data from other
workbook [=IF(MyLink="","",MyLink)], and hide sheet(s). Now you can refer to
this/those hidden sheet(s) in your formulas, and simple link formulas work
without any problem with closed sources.

Arvi Laanemets

"Daniel Utsch" wrote in message
I am using the function OFFSET in a file to look for the values in another
file. But when I close the two files and later I open only the file where
this the function OFFSET, appears me the mistake #VALUE. Para that the