Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sectioning rows of text based on value of associated data column

Hi.
I have a raw data tab with data that consists of a list of names (column A)
with an associated numerical data column (column B).

On a separate "Report Summary" tab in the same spreadsheet, I want to be
able to place names (from the raw data tab) in one section of rows if the
name's associated data is greater than zero and in another section of rows if
it's equal to or less than zero.

How can I do this without sorting the raw data? I want to be able to update
the raw data each month and have my report automatically place names into two
sections of rows -- those with values greater than zero and those with values
flat/less than zero.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks,
Carmen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

DataFilterAutofilter on greater than zero.

Copy the results to a sheet.

Filter on equal to and less than zero

Copy those results as a block to the other sheet.

For the automatic part see Ron de Bruin's site for copy/paste/merge
examples.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

He has several VBA routines for copying filtered results to another sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP