Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formatting Rows of Data based on Column Data

I have a SS with Column C Model # Column D Part # the other columns have
serial # etc. I want to highlight rows based exact match's to Columns C&D
only so sales people can quickly look and see if the Make and Model is in
stock. The sheet is getting long and even though I sort it by C&D the colors
would make it quick/easy to locate. Is this possible with Conditional
formatting?
--
mwmasch
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Assume A1:B1 will contain the inputs for model# and part#
with source col C = model# and col D = part# (as posted)

Select entire sheet, then apply the conditional formatting as
Formula is: =AND($C1=$A$1,$D1=$B$1)

An implemented illustration is available he
http://www.savefile.com/files/899021
Format entire rows using CF based on 2 input criteria.xls

--
Max
Singapore
"mwmasch" wrote:
I have a SS with Column C Model # Column D Part # the other columns have
serial # etc. I want to highlight rows based exact match's to Columns C&D
only so sales people can quickly look and see if the Make and Model is in
stock. The sheet is getting long and even though I sort it by C&D the colors
would make it quick/easy to locate. Is this possible with Conditional
formatting?
--
mwmasch

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have tried this several times but it is not returning the results I need
here is more background.

The SS consists of rows of models that are available to sell so Column C &
D have the make & model that sales is looking for. the sheet is sorted by c&d
but they cant find it data quick enough. Multiple rows due to data in other
columns being differnt (serial#, dates etc.)

My thoughts were if C&D in the row# above are not 100% match change the
color of the row. I just cant execute this.
--
mwmasch

"mwmasch" wrote:

I have a SS with Column C Model # Column D Part # the other columns have
serial # etc. I want to highlight rows based exact match's to Columns C&D
only so sales people can quickly look and see if the Make and Model is in
stock. The sheet is getting long and even though I sort it by C&D the colors
would make it quick/easy to locate. Is this possible with Conditional
formatting?
--
mwmasch

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Use either of the 2 filehosts below. Paste a link to your sample file in
response here (the link is generated when you upload, just copy and paste it
here):

http://www.flypicture.com/
http://cjoint.com/index.php