Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do I look up a value and return more than one result?

I have a range of codes that are allocated to more than one person. eg

A B C D E
Joe Blogs 1234 5678 3456 7890
Sam Brown 1234 9012 3456
Mary Poppins 1234 5678 9001
Anita Smith 5678 9001
Steven Hawkins 7890

How do create a look up or pivot table that reflects the all the people
allocate to one code.

Thanks

Al
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use the subtotal on the data tab.

Evertime there is a change in column:
Count the rows, it will total the code and
then considate it and it needed hide the data not
needed to be viewsed
"amiller" wrote:

I have a range of codes that are allocated to more than one person. eg

A B C D E
Joe Blogs 1234 5678 3456 7890
Sam Brown 1234 9012 3456
Mary Poppins 1234 5678 9001
Anita Smith 5678 9001
Steven Hawkins 7890

How do create a look up or pivot table that reflects the all the people
allocate to one code.

Thanks

Al

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way would be to use a formula in another column that "marks" those rows
that contain the code and then filter on that formula column. For example...

A1 = code to look for

Data in the range A3:E3. A2:E2 = column headers.

Add a descriptive column header in F2 and then enter this formula in F3 and
copy down as needed:

=IF(COUNTIF(B3:E3,A$1),"X","")

Then apply AutoFilter to your data and filter on column F = X

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP