Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default delete data -not formula

I have a worksheet with data and formula from A1 to M106 with 2008 data. I
need to create a new sheet for 2009. I would like to remove the data -but not
the formulas- for the worksheet. I could delete 105 rows but then the
question how to add the formulas in the correct columns.
What options are available?
--
Lisa Fornal
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Jan 9, 3:27*pm, Lisa F wrote:
I have a worksheet with data and formula from A1 to M106 with 2008 data. I
need to create a new sheet for 2009. I would like to remove the data -but not
the formulas- for the worksheet. I could delete 105 rows but then the
question how to add the formulas in the correct columns.
What options are available?
--
Lisa Fornal

If the data is simple, you can use Goto:Special:Constants to get just
the non-formulas. This won't work if any of your data consists of
small formulas like "=50+45". You might be able to use other
Goto:Special items like Column Differences, depending on what exactly
you have.

For future use, you can set up Named Ranges, Unlock the cells, or
possibly use Conditional Formatting in the data cells. With any of
these they can be selected easily next time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No need to reply. I will just do the simple way and delete the 105 rows, copy
row 1, delete data cells, then copy row 2 from 3 to 106.
Thanks for you reply. Maybe some day I will get involved in Excel to the
point I need to know more of about the formula short cuts.
--
Lisa Fornal