Old April 20th 08, 10:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do I delete data in a cell without deleting formula?

after adding data to a formulatted cell on a worksheet, i save as, and then
use the previous worksheet and delete data to start another worksheet. when
doing this I also delete the formulas, which I don't want to do- go to
question.

Old April 20th 08, 11:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First, copy the worksheet then on copied sheet hit F5SpecialConstants

Uncheck what you want to keep, like "text" for titles and OK

EditClearContents or just hit the delete key.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Old July 31st 15, 03:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"tripy" wrote in message
after adding data to a formulatted cell on a worksheet, i save as, and
then
use the previous worksheet and delete data to start another worksheet.
when
doing this I also delete the formulas, which I don't want to do- go to
question.

That is rubbish David
Old July 31st 15, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

mattsteel101 wrote:

On Sunday, April 20, 2008 at 11:07:25 PM UTC+1, David Biddulph wrote:
A cell contains either formula or data. It can't contain both.

That is rubbish David

You're replying to a post from 7 years ago.

--
I look at my life and it just seems so depressing that I'm
not sure if I was born or if Morrissey sang me into existence.

Old September 5th 16, 05:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Friday, July 31, 2015 at 12:59:57 PM UTC-4, Auric__ wrote:
mattsteel101 wrote:

On Sunday, April 20, 2008 at 11:07:25 PM UTC+1, David Biddulph wrote:
A cell contains either formula or data. It can't contain both.

That is rubbish David

You're replying to a post from 7 years ago.

--
I look at my life and it just seems so depressing that I'm
not sure if I was born or if Morrissey sang me into existence.

I'm replying to a post from a year ago.. about a post from 7 years prior.. just for the hell of it.
Old June 18th 20, 10:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I’m replying to a post from 4 years ago, replying to a post from 5 years ago, about a post from 12 years ago...
Old June 19th 20, 11:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ecomreed05 wrote:

I=E2=80=99m replying to a post from 4 years ago, replying to a post from
5 = years ago, about a post from 12 years ago...

....with absolutely no context whatsoever. The only reason this even caught my
attention is because it references my post in this thread. You idiots are a
waste of oxygen.

--
This is the most disturbing conversation I've ever had.
Old September 20th 20, 08:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I've just Subscribed to this thread, to watch it continually unfold for the next 20+ years.

Please, continue.