cganno

Default How do I delete data in worksheet, but not the associated formula

trying to use an already created worksheet as a template, deleting the data
but do not want to delete the formulas associated with the cells. how?
N Harkawat

First select All by presing Ctrl+A
then pres Function key F% on ypur keyboard
click on Special...
select constants
press the delete key on the keyboard

"cganno" wrote in message
trying to use an already created worksheet as a template, deleting the
data
but do not want to delete the formulas associated with the cells. how?

Dave Peterson

I bet that there are labels (titles/descriptions/etc) that you want to keep to.

Select the range to clean--don't include any of those labels to be kept.

Edit|Goto|Special
click Constants and OK
hit the delete key on the keyboard.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I delete data in worksheet, but not the associated form

I too want to do this: delete the data in a worksheet (that I worked very
hard on) and use this worksheet with all the formulas in tact as a template.
I did as you said and it won't clear the data from the cells that have
formulas in them without clearing the formulas as well.
Thanks,
Corinne

cganno wrote:

trying to use an already created worksheet as a template, deleting the data
but do not want to delete the formulas associated with the cells. how?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What I would do.............a bit differently than Dave<g

Select all cells then F5SpecialConstants. Uncheck all but "Numbers" and
OK your way out.

Touch nothing except the Delete key

Numbers gone. Formulas and text remain.

Note: you may have errors showing in formula cells which have no data to
source.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

cganno wrote:

trying to use an already created worksheet as a template, deleting the data
but do not want to delete the formulas associated with the cells. how?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I did exactly as was outlined (as a
reference, I am using this in a payroll worksheet I made up) all the cells
that have formulas in them, the data would not clear, but the cells -- with
payroll dates -- did clear. The only thing I did differently was I did not
select all the cells, I chose only the cells that have data in them that
would change each quarter, so the text cells with their personal information
I did not choose. I chose these cells by using the shift and arrow keys. I
hope this extra information will help you to help me.
Thanking you in advance,
Corinne.

cganno wrote:

trying to use an already created worksheet as a template, deleting the data
but do not want to delete the formulas associated with the cells. how?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry, I just had a thought and my response isn't even up
yet.....but....could I "copy" just the formulas, then delete the data, then
"paste" the formulas back in. I'm not sure if that is an option - copying
just he formulas, but that would be great.
Thanks again.
Corinne