Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Corinne Corinne is offline

Default How do I delete data in worksheet, but not the associated form

Sorry, I just had a thought and my response isn't even up
yet.....but....could I "copy" just the formulas, then delete the data, then
"paste" the formulas back in. I'm not sure if that is an option - copying
just he formulas, but that would be great.
Thanks again.
Corinne

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Only different because I am assuming your data to remove was numeric only.

Otherwise.........follow Dave's instructions.

Gord

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:56:35 -0800, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

What I would do.............a bit differently than Dave<g

Select all cells then F5SpecialConstants. Uncheck all but "Numbers" and
OK your way out.

Touch nothing except the Delete key

Numbers gone. Formulas and text remain.

Note: you may have errors showing in formula cells which have no data to
source.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:01:03 -0800, Corinne
wrote:

I too want to do this: delete the data in a worksheet (that I worked very
hard on) and use this worksheet with all the formulas in tact as a template.
I did as you said and it won't clear the data from the cells that have
formulas in them without clearing the formulas as well.
Thanks,
Corinne
"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I bet that there are labels (titles/descriptions/etc) that you want to keep to.

Select the range to clean--don't include any of those labels to be kept.

Edit|Goto|Special
click Constants and OK
hit the delete key on the keyboard.

cganno wrote:

trying to use an already created worksheet as a template, deleting the data
but do not want to delete the formulas associated with the cells. how?

--

Dave Peterson