Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using VLookUpFnctnin Excell Sprdsheet

I have 2 sprdsheets & I know where to find VLookUp Fnctn, but I'm not sure
what to enter in every line;
I need to 'Bump Up'-match the loan #s on my existing Excel Sprdsheet via
using data from 2nd spreadsheet (column 1 (loan#s) & column 2(status of this
loan#s). So new loan #s with their status will appear separately & the loan
#s that match will show their new updated status.
Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming data on sheet1 starts in row 2...

=VLOOKUP(A2,'Sheet2'!A2:B100,2,FALSE)

If a match is not found, this will return an error.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"nrva" wrote:

I have 2 sprdsheets & I know where to find VLookUp Fnctn, but I'm not sure
what to enter in every line;
I need to 'Bump Up'-match the loan #s on my existing Excel Sprdsheet via
using data from 2nd spreadsheet (column 1 (loan#s) & column 2(status of this
loan#s). So new loan #s with their status will appear separately & the loan
#s that match will show their new updated status.
Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

If your loan #'s are in column A on both sheets and the status is in Column
B then

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A$1:B$100,2,FALSE)),"", VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A$1:B$100,2,FALSE))

or in 2007

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A$1:B$100,2,FALSE),"")

The first argument, A1, is the first cell with a loan number on sheet 1
The second argument, Sheet2!A$1:B$100, is the range where the loan#s and the
status are entered
The 3rd argument, 2, tells Excel you want the value to be returned from the
second column of the range, the first column is always the column Excel
checks for a match.
The 4th argument, FALSE or 0 tells Excel that this is an Exact match not an
approximant match.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire