Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Return to Home Row

Is there an option which would allow me to return to my 'Home Row' when I hit
the Return key? It functions that way when I tab from column to column, but
not when I arrow from column to column.

Thanks!
--
Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One method.

Select columns A to G and unlock them.

Protect the sheet with "select locked cells" disabled.

Arrow across from A1:G1. When leaving G1 you will drop to A2

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 07:47:01 -0800, Jeff
wrote:

Is there an option which would allow me to return to my 'Home Row' when I hit
the Return key? It functions that way when I tab from column to column, but
not when I arrow from column to column.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Dec 29, 9:47*am, Jeff wrote:
Is there an option which would allow me to return to my 'Home Row' when I hit
the Return key? *It functions that way when I tab from column to column, but
not when I arrow from column to column.

Thanks!
--
Jeff

Change your Edit Options to make Enter move the cursor to the right.
Highlight all the data entry cells first.
Just use Enter, no arrows, no Tab.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Actually the answer is no. Suppose your range is A1:D4 so this makes the
Home Row row 1? When you use any of the suggested options they will not
move you back to row 1 when you hit the Return key, unless you happen to be
on row 4.

So lets ask a few more questions - if you are in C3 and press the Return key
what do you want Excel to do? put you in C1 or A1 or maybe D1 or ...?

If you preselect a range you can use the Return, Shift Return, Tab and Shift
Tab keys to move within the selected range.
If you preselect a range you can press Ctrl+. (control period) to move you
to the top left corner cell of the selection. Or multiple times if you want
to move around the four corners.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Jeff" wrote in message
Is there an option which would allow me to return to my 'Home Row' when I
hit
the Return key? It functions that way when I tab from column to column,
but
not when I arrow from column to column.

Thanks!
--
Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I should have given more info.

I am entering multiple records, each row is a new record.
I enter data in columns a thru h, would like to hit enter, and go to next
row, and proceed to enter data in columns a thru h again.
--
Jeff