Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire Shane Devenshire is offline

Default Return to Home Row

Hi,

Actually the answer is no. Suppose your range is A1:D4 so this makes the
Home Row row 1? When you use any of the suggested options they will not
move you back to row 1 when you hit the Return key, unless you happen to be
on row 4.

So lets ask a few more questions - if you are in C3 and press the Return key
what do you want Excel to do? put you in C1 or A1 or maybe D1 or ...?

If you preselect a range you can use the Return, Shift Return, Tab and Shift
Tab keys to move within the selected range.
If you preselect a range you can press Ctrl+. (control period) to move you
to the top left corner cell of the selection. Or multiple times if you want
to move around the four corners.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Jeff" wrote in message
Is there an option which would allow me to return to my 'Home Row' when I
hit
the Return key? It functions that way when I tab from column to column,
but
not when I arrow from column to column.

Thanks!
--