Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default adding positive and negative numbers

I am trying to create a formula that will allow me to add both negative and
postive numbers in the same column. It appears that when I use the SUM
function, EXCEL is doing the addition first and then subtracting any negative
from there producing the wrong outcome. Ex: a1 to a10 all have 100 in it.
total would be 1000. When I introduce a -100 anywhere witin a1 to a10, I
recieve 800 instead of 900. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for your help

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

Excel does not 'remember' you once had ten values of 100; all it sees are
nine values or 100 and one of -100 giving 800
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP