Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding Negative and Positive Numbers

Quick question:

If I have the following numbers in a row:

5, 15, 10, -15, -22, 4, 10, -15

Is there a formula I can use for excel to only add up the negative numbers
and ignore the positives?
And is there a formula I can use to only add up the positve numbers and
ignore the negatives?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try these:

Negative numbers:

=SUMIF(A1:H1,"<0")

Positive numbers:

=SUMIF(A1:H1,"0")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jacq" wrote in message
Quick question:

If I have the following numbers in a row:

5, 15, 10, -15, -22, 4, 10, -15

Is there a formula I can use for excel to only add up the negative numbers
and ignore the positives?
And is there a formula I can use to only add up the positve numbers and
ignore the negatives?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUM(IF((A1:H1)0,A1:H1)) for positives
=SUM(IF((A1:H1)<0,A1:H1)) for negatives

These are array formulas entered with CNTRL-SHFT-ENTER rather than just ENTER
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200759

"Jacq" wrote:

Quick question:

If I have the following numbers in a row:

5, 15, 10, -15, -22, 4, 10, -15

Is there a formula I can use for excel to only add up the negative numbers
and ignore the positives?
And is there a formula I can use to only add up the positve numbers and
ignore the negatives?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you all, it worked!!!!!!!!!!