Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Can I create a shortcut from a cell on one tab to another tab?

I have a workbook that tracks employee information. My first tab is an
employee list with at a glance information, and then I have a separate tab
for each employee with more detail. Because I have 100 employees, its a pain
having to scroll through to that employee's tab. Is there a way to create a
button or something next to the employee's name on the first tab that I can
select that will automatically take me to their individual tab?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Insert a hyperlink to the proper tab for each employee.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200821

"Sarah K." wrote:

I have a workbook that tracks employee information. My first tab is an
employee list with at a glance information, and then I have a separate tab
for each employee with more detail. Because I have 100 employees, its a pain
having to scroll through to that employee's tab. Is there a way to create a
button or something next to the employee's name on the first tab that I can
select that will automatically take me to their individual tab?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could use a hyperlink formula to enable you to jump to the
appropriate sheet. Assuming you have this in column A:

Name
Alan
David
Emily
John
Mary

and you have sheets with exactly the same name as on this sheet, you
can insert a new column B and put this in B2:

=HYPERLINK("#'"&A2&"'!A1","jump")

The word "jump" will appear in the cell, and this is an active
hyperlink which when clicked will take you to cell A1 of Alan's sheet.
Copy the formula down, and click "jump" to go to others' sheets.

You might want to have another hyperlink in every individual's sheet
to jump back to the main sheet, eg in F1:

=HYPERLINK("#Main!B2","summary")

Hope this helps.

Pete