Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Averaging Cells without an Error

I have a worksheet with afew thousands entries. I want to average each column
but I am having a problem since some of the cells have errors. I want to
ignore those errors since they are part of the data and still average the
data in the column. The formula I used is:
=AVERAGE(IF(NOT(ISERROR(D2:D16)),D2:D16)). But i only get 0.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=AVERAGE(IF(ISNUMBER(D2:D16),D2:D16,""))
This is an array formula that must be entered with CNTRL-SHFT-ENTER rather
than just the ENTER key.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200819
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=AVERAGE(IF(NOT(ISERROR(D2:D16)),D2:D16,))

insert with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER not just ENTER

maybe this is yr problem
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

sorry, my formula gives incorrect result
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Make sure that you array enter it, that is Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not just Enter.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Kcope8302" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with afew thousands entries. I want to average each
column
but I am having a problem since some of the cells have errors. I want to
ignore those errors since they are part of the data and still average the
data in the column. The formula I used is:
=AVERAGE(IF(NOT(ISERROR(D2:D16)),D2:D16)). But i only get 0.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you are trying to reply to some previous mesage, please remember to quote
enough of that message to put your reply into context. All your recent
posts have been devoid of context, and thus meaningless to most readers of
the newsgroup.

Advice on how to quote is available in numerous places, such as:
http://www.anta.net/misc/nnq/nquote.shtml
--
David Biddulph

"Jarek Kujawa" wrote in message
sorry, my formula gives incorrect result

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ok
however sb. understood them I presume...

On 9 Gru, 16:50, "David Biddulph" <groups [at] biddulph.org.uk wrote:
If you are trying to reply to some previous mesage, please remember to quote
enough of that message to put your reply into context. *All your recent
posts have been devoid of context, and thus meaningless to most readers of
the newsgroup.

Advice on how to quote is available in numerous places, such as:http://www.anta.net/misc/nnq/nquote.shtml
--
David Biddulph

"Jarek Kujawa" wrote in message

sorry, my formula gives incorrect result- Ukryj cytowany tekst -

- Pokaż cytowany tekst -