Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I delete a series of autoshapes in Excel in one hit?

I have a series of pictures in Excel made up of lines and autoshapes and want
to delete them in one hit rather than doing this individually. This is to
save time. Is there any way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Ian,

You could use the 'Select Multiple Objects' button on the Drawing toolbar.

You can also tap F5, click on Special button, check Objects and OK.

HTH
Martin

"Ian Richards" <Ian wrote in message
I have a series of pictures in Excel made up of lines and autoshapes and
want
to delete them in one hit rather than doing this individually. This is to
save time. Is there any way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Dec 5, 5:30*am, Ian Richards <Ian
wrote:
I have a series of pictures in Excel made up of lines and autoshapes and want
to delete them in one hit rather than doing this individually. This is to
save time. Is there any way to do this?

F5 only if you want to select every single object in the worksheet. If
only some of your objects need to be deleted, CTRL-click to select
multiple. If you select several objects when they are first created
and Group them, they will be easier to select later to move or delete.

You probably have to Right-click on selected objects to Group them.
I'm not sure where else that particular Group command is located.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You probably have to Right-click on selected objects to
Group them. I'm not sure where else that particular Group
command is located.

Right clicking the selected shapes and using the Grouping/Group item from
the popup menu that appears is probably the easiest way, but you can also do
it by selecting the shapes and then clicking the Draw button located on the
Drawing Toolbar... the Group item is located directly on its popup menu.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)