Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUMIF being used properly?

I am trying to pull data from one file to another.

For simplicity, my data includes multiple customers and multiple products:

Cust. group #/ Cust. Name / Product code / Quantity
001 / Bob / A / 10
001 / Bob / B / 5
001 / Bob / C / 20
001 / Ted / A / 35
001 / Ted / B / 30
001 / Ted / C / 15

I need to look up using a customer group number (contains multiple customers
belonging to one group), and also look up by product code, to provide the
total quantity of that product.

I am using the SUMIF function but for some reason it is returning only one
figure for everything.

There is another trick to this equation, I need to separate this by weeks
(ie. week 1, and week 2 --though I can separate this into separate worksheets
for simplicity - but an extra step).

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You lost me when referring to weeks, there are none in your sample data but
how about this. Sums by Cust Group & product code.

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A6=1)*(C1:C6="A")*(D1:D6))

Mike

"frenchtoast" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Mike. (didn't realize i posted this twice..)

The table I outlined earlier is my data chart. The table where I want to
display the outcome is in another file and contains:

Cust. group # is in a cell separate from the table, and Product Code is in
the table with other content (ie. product description, target quantity etc).

So I've tried where

"129" = cust. group#
"6963" = product code
Column L = quantity

=SUMPRODUCT(('[Tracking.xls]DataWeek1'!$E:$E="129")*('[Tracking.xls]DataWeek1'!$H:$H="6963")*('[Tracking.xls]DataWeek1'!$L:$L))

then it returned #NUM! error.

I'm not sure if I'm referencing the right fields.

(The values were in general format, then I changed to number, which didn't
make a difference)

Any suggestions?

PS. as for the weeks, ie. week 1 would appear in my data table that I can
use in my reporting table (I'm reporting quantities by week). I can separate
the data by week into different worksheets but just thought there may be a
simpler way.

"frenchtoast" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Unless you are using Excel 2007, you cannot use full-column references
with SUMPRODUCT - use E1:E1000, H1:H1000 etc, (or whatever).

Hope this helps.

Pete

"frenchtoast" wrote:

[...]

Thank you.- Hide quoted text -