Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Non working time

I have a spreadsheet to plan production over a 24 hour period. This
works fine but we are now moving to a 2 shift pattern so there will be
4 hours non productive time every day. The current formula uses simple
arithmetic adding a task duration onto the finish time for the last
task.
I now need to factor in the extra time should a task span the period
of non production.

Thanks
Martin B
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Work through a couple of examples.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet to plan production over a 24 hour period. This
works fine but we are now moving to a 2 shift pattern so there will be
4 hours non productive time every day. The current formula uses simple
arithmetic adding a task duration onto the finish time for the last
task.
I now need to factor in the extra time should a task span the period
of non production.

Thanks
Martin B

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Show us a sample of the data and the results you expect.

Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet to plan production over a 24 hour period. This
works fine but we are now moving to a 2 shift pattern so there will be
4 hours non productive time every day. The current formula uses simple
arithmetic adding a task duration onto the finish time for the last
task.
I now need to factor in the extra time should a task span the period
of non production.

Thanks
Martin B

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

" wrote:
I have a spreadsheet to plan production over a 24 hour period. This
works fine but we are now moving to a 2 shift pattern so there will be
4 hours non productive time every day. The current formula uses simple
arithmetic adding a task duration onto the finish time for the last
task.
I now need to factor in the extra time should a task span the period
of non production.

Thanks
Martin B- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, should have been more specific. Lets say task duration in A1 =
10hrs Start time in B1 = 09:00 Predicted completion time in C1 should
be 23:00 as 4 hours non productive time in the afternoon 16:00 to
20:00.

If the task duration was 6 hours completion time would be 15:00 as it
could be completed in the morning shift. I only need to consider the
non productive time in the afternoon if the job spans from the morning
shift into the night shift.

Hope that's a bit clearer

Martin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It depends when the second shift kicks in, but assuming 5PM

=B1+A1/24+IF(B1+A1/24--"17:00","4:00",0)

--
HTH

Bob