Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tim Tim is offline

Default working out a sum in time?

Can anyone help??

I am in the process of building a spreadsheet, and in part of it I need to
determine whether or not a field for time taken, displayed as a time is or
< a goal time (4hrs), and by how much.

column A = start time
column B = finish time
column c = overall time taken
column d = difference of overall time taken to 4hrs

any advice very much appreciated
--
Tim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format column A and B cells to "time" in numbers tab (i.e. 1:30PM).
C1 formula should be: =(B1-A1)*24
D1 formula should be C1-4.

"Tim" wrote:

Can anyone help??

I am in the process of building a spreadsheet, and in part of it I need to
determine whether or not a field for time taken, displayed as a time is or
< a goal time (4hrs), and by how much.

column A = start time
column B = finish time
column c = overall time taken
column d = difference of overall time taken to 4hrs

any advice very much appreciated
--
Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tim Tim is offline

Caroline,
Thanks, but I did all that and just got ############ in column D.

I have tweaked it and now i am trying to get colmun D to say either YES or
NO to the 4hr argument, but having no look there also. I can get it to work
if total time taken is less than 4hrs, but not if it is over.

Any ideas? Please help!
--
Tim

"Tim" wrote:

Can anyone help??

I am in the process of building a spreadsheet, and in part of it I need to
determine whether or not a field for time taken, displayed as a time is or
< a goal time (4hrs), and by how much.

column A = start time
column B = finish time
column c = overall time taken
column d = difference of overall time taken to 4hrs

any advice very much appreciated
--
Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tim Tim is offline

Thank you all very much, it looks fine now :)
--
Tim

"Toppers" wrote:

inD1: