Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Format individual coloumn cell with corresponding coloum cell resu

I wish to Format individual coloumn cell with corresponding different coloum
cell result.
I have text of various observations in coloumn F. Coloumn G contains
"expected time for competion in days" ( which is different for each
observation in col.F). Col. I has the status details (viz. "Completed" or "In
Progress") of each observation. I wish to highlight each cell of col. F with
Red color for the condition where the "expected time for competion in days"
lapses with respect to current date (Today() ) but the status is still "In
Progress".

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You question is unclear how can you compare TODAY() with expected time for
completion which you are measuring "in days"?

To conditionally format your cell(s):

In 2003:
1. Select the cell you want to format, column F
2. Choose Format, Conditional Formatting
3. Choose Formula is from the first drop down
4. In the second box enter the formula:
=AND(I1="In Progress",G1<TODAY())
5. Click the Format button
6. Choose a color on the Patterns tab (or any available option)
7. Click OK twice.

In 2007:
1. Highlight all the cells on the rows you want formatted
2. Choose Home, Conditional Formatting, New Rule
3. Choose Use a formula to determine which cell to format
4. In the Format values where this formula is true enter the following
formula:
=AND(I1="In Progress",G1<TODAY())
5. Click the Format button and choose a format.
6. Click OK twice

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire