karty

Default How to delete values of a cell if it is found in another coloumn

Hi,

I have a list of about 10000 emails. They contain some good emails
and some bad emails. I have figured out the bad emails and have a list
of about 4000 - 6000 emails. Now i need to delete the bad emails from
that 10000 email list.

Please help me to figure out this problem. If you can email me
please email me @

--
karty
karty's Profile:

Gary''s Student

Put your large (total ) list in column A and you list of bads in column C. In
B1 enter:

=MATCH(A1,C:C) and copy down. Then sort all three by column B. If column B
show #N/A then the entry is good. If column B shows a number the entry is
bad and should be removed.
--
Gary's Student

"karty" wrote:

Hi,

I have a list of about 10000 emails. They contain some good emails
and some bad emails. I have figured out the bad emails and have a list
of about 4000 - 6000 emails. Now i need to delete the bad emails from
that 10000 email list.

Please help me to figure out this problem. If you can email me
please email me @

--
karty
karty's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=478430

Dave Peterson

I bet you wanted:

=MATCH(A1,C:C,0)

instead.

I think I'd use a slightly different formula:

=isnumber(match(a1,c:c,0))

If it's true, then there's a match. If false, then there's no match.

(It might be just a bit prettier than #n/a's and a bunch of numbers <vbg.)