Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default add & subtract time in 1 formula

Trying to set up a flexy sheet in excecl where it adds my start and finish
time in different cells and subtracts my 30min break and give me a total. I
then need to add total times up and if graeter than 37.5 h show me the
overtime. banging head against wall getting no where. Please can someone
Help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use the now() function to return the exact time.
You then have to copy & paste special as values.
You can subtract dates/times, 1 is equivalent to a day in Excel so 8 hours
would be represented as .333333, which you can simply multiply by 24 to
reflect in hours.
--
http://www.ExcelHelp.us

888-MY-ETHER ext. 01781474

"Mr Chumley" wrote:

Trying to set up a flexy sheet in excecl where it adds my start and finish
time in different cells and subtracts my 30min break and give me a total. I
then need to add total times up and if graeter than 37.5 h show me the
overtime. banging head against wall getting no where. Please can someone
Help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi
you may want to check this site out