Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to increment time & subtract time?

I've asked before but like a dummy didn't keep the posting.

Please explain in layman terms as this is difficlut to me.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Times are stored internally in Excel as fractions of a 24-hour day, so
if you see 06:00 in a cell, this will actually be stored as 0.25 (a
quarter of a day). So, if you want to increase a time by 1 hour, you
really need to add 1/24 onto the time. If you want to add one minute,
then add 1/24/60, and for 1 second add 1/24/60/60.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 1, 5:05 pm, Crackles McFarly wrote:
I've asked before but like a dummy didn't keep the posting.

Please explain in layman terms as this is difficlut to me.
thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I've asked before but like a dummy didn't keep the posting.

A Google search here....

http://groups.google.com/advanced_se...&&lr=lang _en

putting your name in as Author returned this web page....

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...=2007&safe=off

showing all your postings. The ones you "lost" are listed in there.

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 13:32:33 -0400, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
sayd the following:

I've asked before but like a dummy didn't keep the posting.

A Google search here....

http://groups.google.com/advanced_se...&&lr=lang _en

putting your name in as Author returned this web page....

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...=2007&safe=off

showing all your postings. The ones you "lost" are listed in there.

Rick

I went to those URLS and couldn't follow when someone Gave Me A
Solution.

Am I doing something wrong?

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I've asked before but like a dummy didn't keep the posting.

A Google search here....

http://groups.google.com/advanced_se...&&lr=lang _en

putting your name in as Author returned this web page....

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...=2007&safe=off

showing all your postings. The ones you "lost" are listed in there.

I went to those URLS and couldn't follow when someone Gave Me A
Solution.

Am I doing something wrong?

First off, scroll down the list until you find the main entry with the
Subject you want. In the case of those items returned in the link I
provided, your original "How do you Increment Time??" message is near the
bottom of the page. Click on the subject text (its a link) and you will be
taken to the list of responses you received. Once there, if you can't see a
View Tree on the left (it makes navigating and seeing who responded to what
much easier), then click the Options link on the right side of the main
title bar and select "View As Tree". You should be able to follow the
response structure much easier now.

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 14:26:00 -0400, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
sayd the following:

I've asked before but like a dummy didn't keep the posting.

A Google search here....

http://groups.google.com/advanced_se...&&lr=lang _en

putting your name in as Author returned this web page....

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...=2007&safe=off

showing all your postings. The ones you "lost" are listed in there.

I went to those URLS and couldn't follow when someone Gave Me A
Solution.

Am I doing something wrong?

First off, scroll down the list until you find the main entry with the
Subject you want. In the case of those items returned in the link I
provided, your original "How do you Increment Time??" message is near the
bottom of the page. Click on the subject text (its a link) and you will be
taken to the list of responses you received. Once there, if you can't see a
View Tree on the left (it makes navigating and seeing who responded to what
much easier), then click the Options link on the right side of the main
title bar and select "View As Tree". You should be able to follow the
response structure much easier now.

Rick

I tried and saw no solution, jumped to EXCEL to try some of them.

With all this posting for me to look at a previous answer, couldn't
someone simply re-post their answers. This is taking as much or more
time as a direct repeating of the answer.

Don't know what else to say at this point.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Did you not see my earlier response to you? I repeat it here in case
you lost that one as well.

Pete

On Nov 1, 7:16 pm, Crackles McFarly wrote:
On Thu, 1 Nov 2007 14:26:00 -0400, "Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)"
sayd the following:

I've asked before but like a dummy didn't keep the posting.

A Google search here....

http://groups.google.com/advanced_se...p%3A*.excel*&s...

putting your name in as Author returned this web page....

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q...&as_epq=&as_oq...

showing all your postings. The ones you "lost" are listed in there.

I went to those URLS and couldn't follow when someone Gave Me A
Solution.

Am I doing something wrong?

First off, scroll down the list until you find the main entry with the
Subject you want. In the case of those items returned in the link I
provided, your original "How do you Increment Time??" message is near the
bottom of the page. Click on the subject text (its a link) and you will be
taken to the list of responses you received. Once there, if you can't see a
View Tree on the left (it makes navigating and seeing who responded to what
much easier), then click the Options link on the right side of the main
title bar and select "View As Tree". You should be able to follow the
response structure much easier now.

Rick

I tried and saw no solution, jumped to EXCEL to try some of them.

With all this posting for me to look at a previous answer, couldn't
someone simply re-post their answers. This is taking as much or more
time as a direct repeating of the answer.

Don't know what else to say at this point.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With all this posting for me to look at a previous answer, couldn't
someone simply re-post their answers.

Which answers.... there were 20 messages from 6 different authors in the
thread.

This is taking as much or more
time as a direct repeating of the answer.

I wasn't part of that thread, so I don't know which one's you found useful
back then; hence, it would be hard for me to repeat an answer for you.
Besides, it would be better for you if you learned how to hone your
searching skills. Anyway, here is a direct link to the thread with the 20

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...657b1363dcbc1d

Rick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

couldn't
someone simply re-post their answers. This is taking as much or more
time as a direct repeating of the answer.

Since you are the person asking for help, you should expect to be the person
putting making the effort, rather than asking others to duplicate what they
provided before.

The people who answer questions here are not MS employees. They are just other
users like you, volunteering their time.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 15:34:27 -0500, Myrna Larson
sayd the following:

Since you are the person asking for help, you should expect to be the person
putting making the effort, rather than asking others to duplicate what they
provided before.

How do you increment time in EXCEL?
That was the question.

The people who answer questions here are not MS employees. They are just other
users like you, volunteering their time.

I was aware of this 2 years ago. Thanks though.