Nicole D

Default Jason Morin Please Respond

Hi Jason,

I saw that you were very helpful to several other people in the excel
discussion on Microsoft Office Online, and am hoping that you can help me
with a problem I am having. I am working on a spreadsheet for a manager of
mine, where they have a list of people that were hired with their
corresponding hire dates listed after their names. After their hire date,
there is a separate column for their review dates. While their hire dates
are in date order, their review dates are not. I would like to link all of
the January review dates to a separate January sheet, February to a February
sheet, so on and so forth. The problem I am having is that when I bring them
over using the =if formula, they are being brought over in the row number
that they are in on the master sheet, which leaves several spaces between
entries bases on the number of people there are between similar months. I am
sure that I am making this much more confusing and difficult than it needs to
be, so any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nicole
Jason Morin

Nicole-

I do like to help, but there are a lot of other capable
Excel users in this forum who would be glad to assist you.

As for your question, I think you're making it too
difficult by attempting to segregate the data onto
several worksheets. I would suggest adding a formula to
one column, and using AutoFilter to filter by month.

Let's assume the review dates are in column C. In col. D,
put "Review Month"" in D1 and in D2 put:

=TEXT(C2,"mmmm")

and copy the formula down to the end. Now select all the
columns with data (assuming col. A - D here), and go to
Data Filter AutoFilter.

Now click on the arrow for col. D and select a month.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, Ga

.