trixiebme

Default Jason Morin B$1 to B1 NOT working...HELP!!!

Hi Jason,

I tried what you said but it is being stubborn & continuing to format the
wrong cells! Any other ideas I can try???

Much Appreciated!

Using B$1 locks the row. Change it to B1.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Jason Morin

Apply the format to column A. Follow these steps.

1. Select col. A.
2. Go into CF
3. Select "Formula Is" and put:
=$A1=$A2

_________________________________________________ ______

[...]

.

Debra Dalgleish

As answered at your earlier thread:

'=========================
Insert a blank row at the top of the list
Select the cells in column B, e.g. B2:B500
Choose FormatConditional Formatting
From the first dropdown, choose Formula Is
In the formula box, type: =AND(MOD(ROW(B2),2)=0,B2<B3)
Click the Format button, and choose a Pattern colour.
Click OK

Click the Add button
For Condition 2, select Formula Is
In the formula box, type: =AND(MOD(ROW(B2),2)=1,B2<B1)
Click the Format button, and choose a Pattern colour.
Click OK, click OK
'==========================

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

trixiebme

All of you have been great for offering your help...however, you won't
believe why I couldn't do this...I was not selecting/highlighting both cells
before painting!!! I was only selecting the cell where the condition was
given!

Something so simple took me ALL day to figure out & had everyone wondering
why it worked for them and not me!

Thanks again everyone...

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

As answered at your earlier thread:

Insert a blank row at the top of the list
Select the cells in column B, e.g. B2:B500
Choose FormatConditional Formatting
From the first dropdown, choose Formula Is