Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Projecting Revenues

How can I project total revenue for a month, based on daily revenues so far
for the month. I want to recalculate each day and keep a running monthly
projection based on the revenues so far, but, I also want to keep my actual
total revenues.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assume that you input daily revenue into the cells B2 through B32 (one cell
for each day).
Enter the formula =sum(B2:B32) in cell B33. That gives you month-to-date
revenue.
Enter the formula =countif(B2:B32,"<0") in cell B34. That gives you the
number of days for which you have recorded revenue.
Enter the formula =B33/B34*31 (number of revenue days in the month). That
gives you projected revenue for the month based on the average daily revenue
month-to-date.
From there, the complexity of you calculations is based on your appetite for
detail.

Tom